Fat dissolving injections are a revolutionary treatment that can reduce fat in specific, stubborn areas. Both the face and the body can be treated and the product of choice at Anna Medical Aesthetics is DesoFace and DesoBody.
Fat Dissolving Quick Facts
- Fat dissolving injections are a great solution for patients that have stubborn areas of fat
- This treatment is not an alternative to weight loss – it works in conjunction with a healthy diet and exercise regime
- Generally, a course of treatments are required – the number of treatments will depend on the area and amount of fat that is being treated
- DesoFace® can be used to reduce localised fat deposits found under the chin, neck, jowls and jawline. This can be taken as an individual treatment or along with with dermal fillers to provide a complete jawline restructuring/rejuvenation service.
- DesoBody® can be used on the upper and lower abdomen, flanks, hips, upper and lower back (‘love handles’), inner and outer thighs, arms, buttocks and calves.
What Are Fat Dissolving Injections?
The active ingredient within DesoFace and DesoBody is Sodium Deoxycholate. Desoface consists of 0.5% Sodium Deoxycholate and Desobody is 1.25% Sodium Deoxycholate. This is the next generation of fat dissolver; it is a potent, purified form of the fat dissolving chemical.
How Do Fat Dissolving Injections Work?
The active ingredient disrupts cell membranes in adipocytes and destroys fat cells within the tissue. This liquifies the fat cells which are then broken down and naturally excreted through the lymphatic system within the body. This makes the product very effective on stubborn, localised pockets of fat.
What Is The Difference Between Desobody/Desoface And Aqualyx?
DesoBody® and DesoFace® Fat Dissolve Injections are the newest, second generation of fat dissolving treatments. There is an active ingredient within the product called Sodium Deoxycholate; a potent purified form of the fat dissolving chemical. It is very similar to Aqualyx®, but have been shown to be safer, more effective and more comfortable than other, older fat dissolvers on the market such as Aqualyx®. We also prefer to use the Deso product due to the different preparations for face versus body.
Who Is The Treatment For?
This treatment is for anyone that is concerned with localised stubborn areas of fat both on the face and the body. Facially, the area that is most commonly treated is the double chin and once treated, the drainage of excess fluids is an added benefit. When treating the body, skin firmness can also be improved. Common areas that are treated on the body are: inner thighs, back fat, saddle bags, abdomen, arms and knees
What Does The Treatment Involve?
The treatment involves multiple injections directly into the area of concern. With all injectable treatments, there is an element of discomfort but most patients find the treatment tolerable. It can take up to 2-3 weeks for results to be visible – this is due to the fact that the body needs to destroy and drain the fat cells through the lymphatic system. Usually a course of 3 or 4 treatments is required every 4 – 6 weeks. Between 2 – 4 treatments are generally required to treat double chins. The number of treatments will depend on the amount of fat that is being treated and will be discussed during the consultation.
How Long Do The Result From The Treatment Last?
As the fat cells are being destroyed, the results are permanent provided you maintain a healthy diet and exercise regime.
Side Effects & Aftercare
You will be able to carry on with your usual daily activities following treatment. It is normal for the area to feel sensitive after the treatment and Deso can result in inflammation, swelling and redness at the injection site.